Exploring the Wild Atlantic Way
There are many ways to travel this famous route, whether walking, cycling or motor biking.We have secure lock up facilities for bikes, heated drying rooms for your gear & ample storage. Visit our Wild Atlantic Wall in the hotel lobby for detailed information on routes, distances, places to visit & suggested scenic picnic spots. Ask our chef David for a gourmet picnic box for your group.
- Stroll around the quaint fishing village of Kinvara and discover a rich history ...we can give a local walking map at reception
- Visit the famous DunguaireCastle which is the most photographed Castle in Ireland! They also host Medieval Banquets if fancy a goblet of Mead!
- Walk the Flaggy Shore, much beloved by Seamus Heaney and mentioned in his poem Postscriptas a place that can "catch the heart off guard and blow it open"….
- Visit The Burren a vast limestone region rich with rare flora and crossed by ancient green roads
- Cycle the quiet country roads with a tasty picnic in your basket – we have bikes available for our guests
- Have a swim at our local blue flag beach, Trachtpronounced "Trawct" over lookingGalway Bay a wonderful safe place to go for a dip in the Atlantic Ocean and enjoy the local wild life.
- Stay in May and participate in one of Ireland’s oldest festivals, "FleadhnagCuach" (The Cuckoo Festival) which is held each year on the May Bank Holiday Weekend, a Traditional Irish Music Festival where you will find over 50 music sessions in the village pubs along with Arts, Crafts, Poetry and Drama.
Great people! Great Hotel. Everyone was so welcoming we felt like family.